The following information will assist you in creating a State Disability Insurance (SDI) Online account, and filing your Disability Insurance (DI) or Paid Family Leave (PFL) claim through SDI Online.
To create an SDI Online account, you will need:
- Legal name.
- Valid e-mail address.
- Date of birth.
- Security number.
- California Driver License or California Identifi cation Card number.
- Physical and mailing address.
- Valid phone number.
Using SDI Online
To file a DI or PFL claim through SDI Online, you will need:
- Your most current employer’s business name, telephone number, and mailing address as stated on your W2 form and/or paycheck stub.
- The last date you worked your regular or customary duties and hours.
- The date you began working less than full duty or modifi ed duty.
- Wages you received or expect to receive from your employer, sick leave, paid time off (PTO), vacation pay, annual leave, and wages earned after you stopped working.
- Workers’ Compensation claim information, if applicable.
- The name, address, and telephone number, if any, of the alcoholic recovery home or drug-treatment facility where you are currently receiving in-patient treatment.
You are responsible for obtaining a Physician/Practitioner Certification for your disability. Your claim will be returned if the Physician/Practitioner Certification is not received within 30 days. Provide the receipt number to your physician/practitioner after you have filed.
Please note that your employer will be notified that you have submitted a DI or PFL claim. However, your detailed claim information is confidential and will not be shared with your employer.
Additional information needed to file a PFL Bonding claim through SDI Online
- The child’s date of birth, name, gender, residence address of the child, and Social Security number (if available).
- Your relationship to the child.
- The date of foster care or adoption placement, if applicable.
- Proof of relationship with one of the following information:
- Child’s birth certificate.
- Child’s hospital birth certificate.
- Declaration of Paternity, CS-909.
- Foster Care Placement Record, SOC-815, or official letter from foster care agency.
- Adoptive Placement Agreement, AD-907.
- Independent Adoption Placement Agreement, AD-924.
- Or other evidence of relationship.