Please review our office policies. If you have any questions that are not answered below, please feel free to contact us.
Please leave sufficient time for your new visit. Depending on the complexity of your diagnosis, appointment times can vary. Your scheduled appointments are subject to change due to emergencies in our schedule. You will be notified as soon as possible if we need to make changes. We know that your time is valuable and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will strive to do our best to make changes and delays as infrequent as possible.
Should you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, we ask that you contact the office at least 24 hours in advance. We reserve the right to charge for the appointment if you do not show.
In the event of an emergency, refer to the guidelines set out by your insurance company. If you go to an urgent care facility, ask them to contact Dr. Besh or the covering physician. If the situation is not severe and arises while the office is closed, call (510) 857 – 1000 and the answering service will notify Dr. Besh or the physician on call.
New patients should allow for their first visit to last between 1 1/2 – 2 hours. If paperwork is not completed prior to your first visit, please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your appointment time to complete necessary paperwork. At your first visit with Dr. Besh, please bring your insurance card, any relevant medical records or diagnostic studies such as X-ray, MRI, or EMG related to your condition.
If you have questions concerning your hand or upper extremity care, please call the office. Our medical assistants will make every effort to return your call the same day or within 24 hours. The staff is well trained to answer most questions. If your call requires that you speak to the doctor, please leave a message and the doctor will return your call at the earliest opportunity. Should you have an urgent question while the office is closed, call (510) 857-1000 and the answering service will promptly contact Dr. Besh or the covering physician.
We ask that you please refrain from using your cell phone while in with the doctor.
Office Policy For Filling Out Forms
- Please allow 48 hours for all forms to be completed. We will strive to do this in a shorter time frame but that is not always possible.
- We would be happy to arrange for forms to be picked up.
- There is a nominal $5 charge to fill out disability forms.
- If you would like us to mail out forms directly for you, please make sure they are signed, completed, and dated in advance.
- For disability papers involving surgery, forms will be filled out after the procedure. Surgery procedure codes are required and these are not always known until the operation is completed.
- Please allow 48 to 72 hours for chart copies. There’s a $15 charge for the copying of medical records.
- If we are referring you to another physician, there will be no charge for copying or mailing of your medical records.
Xrays, MRIs, etc.
- Radiographic studies are part of your legal medical record. We would be happy to sign your films out to you, but we respectfully request that you return them in a timely fashion.
- Copies may be requested. Please allow approximately 1 week for copies to be made. There may be a small nominal charge based on the number and the size of the films. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to make copies of outside films.